Overhead Garage Doors
Looking to Install an Overhead Garage Door?
Most overhead garage doors, residential and commercial, require a level of precision and experience for correct installation that requires professional training, experience and equipment; commercial garage door installation requires even greater care since these doors are often larger, heavier and subject to much greater wear. Call Garage One for affordable overhead garage door installation that keeps you and your new garage door safe!
Start the Installation Right: Shop for Your New Overhead Garage Door at Garage One
When you are searching for overhead garage doors, you have a lot of choices. At Garage One, you’ll find high quality manufacturer brands including Genie, Liftmaster, Clopay, Amarr, Wayne Dalton and a number of others. Our experienced consultants can walk you through your choices of materials and designs so you get a door with the appearance and durability you need, at a price you can afford. We can even help you customize your new overhead garage door to your exact needs.
Beyond Installation: Overhead Garage Door Service
Nothing is more frustrating than heading to the garage on a busy morning and finding the garage door doesn’t work. You can avoid emergencies and extend the life of your overhead garage door with regular inspection and maintenance. Be alert to signs of trouble such as:
- Excessive noise: While every garage door makes noise when it’s being opened or closed, if you hear more than the usual creaking or you hear popping sounds, these are signs of problems with the springs that require repair.
- Sagging: If you open the door manually about midway, your overhead garage door should stay put at the level you left it. If it does sag downward, or sag down on one side, this is a sign that parts of the suspension system are failing.
Follow the procedure below to test your overhead garage door on a monthly or seasonal basis.
- Balance test: Disconnect the automatic garage door opener and open the garage door manually. You should be able to open it easily and fully. If your overhead garage door doesn’t open completely and easily or begins to slide down again, the door is out of balance and needs service.
- Reversing mechanism test: Modern garage doors are equipped with a photo eye system as well as a reversing mechanism to prevent the door coming down on top of a person or object in the doorway. To check the system’s safety, bring the garage door up, and then press the button to bring it down. Standing a foot away from the door, extend your arm at about shoulder height – the door should reverse its motion as soon as it touches you. If it does not, call Garage One, your Toronto overhead garage door service professionals, to address this safety risk immediately.
- Photo eye test: Again, bring the door up and then bring it down. This time, extend a broomstick or other long-handled tool at the level of the beam between the photo eyes (which are installed on either side of the door opening where the door will eventually meet the floor). The garage door should reverse. Again, should the door not reverse, you need to call us for overhead garage door repair as soon as possible.
Emergency Overhead Garage Door Repair
There are lots of reasons Toronto residents have made Garage One their first call for emergency garage door repair.
- Reliable, same day service
- 24-hour, 7 days a week emergency service available
- Professionally trained, licensed, insured and bonded
- We repair and service all makes and models
- Buy original parts and spares of garage doors
- Panel, hinges, gears, roller brackets, tracks replacement
- Broken garage doors cable repair
- Extension and torsion spring repair or replacement
- Garage door weather seal stripping & broken motors
- Fix pulley systems, cable drums, break-ins or vandalism
- Tune-up and maintenance packages available
- Top-of-the-line lifetime guaranteed services
- Residential garage door repair
- Garage door parts & accessories
We also offer tune-up and maintenance packages. If you are looking for garage door parts and accessories, we carry original parts and spares for purchase.
Whether you call us to install a new door or repair your existing overhead garage door, you can rest assured that our #1 priority is complete customer satisfaction! And we are delighted to be at your service 24/7. Contact us today via email or by phone.
We guarantee every overhead garage door and garage door opener we install, repair and service in Greater Toronto Area Ontario Canada. Now serving the GTA; Ajax, Aurora, Bolton, Brampton, Burlington, Etobicoke, Markham, Mississauga, Newmarket, North York, Maple, Oakville, Oshawa, Pickering, Scarborough, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Toronto, Vaughan, Whitby & Woodbridge.