Get ready to be amazed at the incredible range of options available to you when it comes to new garage door installation or service in Toronto!
Here are seven factors to consider when selecting your garage door:
- Cost. There are garage doors for every budget. Whether you intend to stay in your home for a long time and want the garage door of your dreams, or you plan on selling your home soon and want to replace your old door to enhance curb appeal, there’s a garage door for you. From the most cost-effective stock units all the way up to the most luxurious architectural doors, the choice is near limitless!
- Security and safety. Today’s garage doors are available with safety features like automatic retraction in case of obstruction and finger guards to help avoid pinching. There are also numerous security features available like keypads to let your kids enter your home without a key, remotes with easily changeable frequencies and doors without handles. The choices are up to you!
- Design. Now for the fun part! You will love poring over the innumerable choices available to you in terms of colour, panel design, materials, glass and decorative hardware. Whatever design components you choose, a new garage door installation in Toronto is guaranteed to boost the curb appeal of your home.
- Durability. Are low maintenance and resistance to dents a priority? Then a good quality fiberglass door with PVC overlay might be your best bet. Are design and colour choice, long life and low initial cost important? Then an aluminum or steel door might be what you’re after, though they may be prone to dents and scratches. And, of course, there’s the more traditional wood—it’s more resistant to dents and scratches than metal, but requires regular painting or staining.
- Insulation. If your garage is heated or doubles as a workshop, then you should definitely consider installing insulated doors.
- Openers. You choose the lifting mechanism that suits your needs and budget: traditional chain drive, quiet belt drive, extra-robust screw drive or direct drive with battery back-up.
- The environment. If environmental concerns are high on your list, then consider wood or metal doors, which are both recyclable.
Have questions regarding garage door installation and service in Toronto? Contact us at Garage One! With over 50,000 projects completed in the GTA since we opened in 2005, our experience at Garage One is hard to beat!
Call us today!